Provide strategic and tactical leadership to create a work environment that encourages creative implementation of evidenced-based pharmaceutical care, legendary patient and customer service and a highly reliable world class pharmacy with a culture of operational excellence that reinforces the mission and vision of the organization. To conduct or provide assistance in matters of pharmacy financial activities such as benchmarking and productivity of departments throughout Harris Health System, issuance and analysis of contracts and business plans, operating and capital budgets, contract compliance, financial analysis and other business management services.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with Registry required;
MBA/MPH; Masters Degree MBA/ MPA or Related Degree Highy Preferred. Pharm. D Required
2. Work Experience: (Years and Area): Minimum 7 years pharmacy experience, at least 5 Years Clinical.
3. Management Experience: (Years and Area): 5 Years Experience in Pharmacy Management in Clinical Manager Level or Above.
4. Equipment Operated: N/A
5. Registered with Texas State Board of Pharmacy; if licensure by reciprocity, must obtain Texas license within the first 90 days of employment. Completion of PGY1 Residency is required, PGY2 residency preferred (relevant specialty).
6. Texas Pharmacist Preceptor Certification within 90 days of employment
ACPE IV Sterile Certification
Board of Pharmacy Specialties Certification required or obtain within 18 months of employment. Must maintain national certification such as Board of Pharmacy Specialties If certification is lapsed, employee has six months to rectify for new certification period.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of employment.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) with course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or per LRC will be required for inpatient positions prior to or within 6 months of employment.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical Design Mathematics
Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Travel, On Call