Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most important decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health.
Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
In this position you will be responsible for providing high-touch, patient-centric care to drive an exceptional experience for patients in the Specialty Pharmacy Program. As a primary pharmacy resource for providers within the endocrinology practices, this pharmacist will provide longitudinal medication education and monitoring to patients enrolled and provide medication-related care for the purpose of achieving defined outcomes as specified within health system protocols and policies.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Provide education on specialty medications prescribed by specialists
- Address medication-related questions or concerns in-between provider visits as needed
- Document patient visits and follow-ups
- Work collaboratively with pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and the access concierge to help facilitate a smooth prescription processing process, and with the call-center staff to help appropriately address patient calls.
- Review and interpret physician's medication orders, detect and evaluate adverse drug effects, evaluate drug efficacy, therapeutic goals and indications, review for contraindications/precautions, the patient's current status of health, and review drug profiles and patient's medical record for drug-drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory and drug-disease state(s) potentials.
- Provide individualized patient education/evaluation regarding drug therapy as requested or identified by patient need.
- Evaluate specific medication therapies consistent with organizational policy
- Provide accurate, unbiased, timely, and cost-effective drug information to medical, pharmacy, nursing, and other allied health professionals
- Monitor drug therapy outcomes for targeted patients within established guidelines.
- Manage patients supportive care plan
- Coordinate activities with health care team to perform enhanced medication reconciliation on select patient populations or as indicated by assessment
- Report, record, assess and evaluate adverse drug reactions
- Identify and submit Report2Learn (R2L) reports and provide follow up assessment as assigned
- Develop and revise evidence-based guidelines and order sets to ensure standardized, safe, and effective treatments regimens.
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement activities as needed to achieve and maintain URAC and ACHC accreditation and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives to enhance patient safety, workload, and efficiency
- Participate in student and resident research projects and/or medication use evaluations
- Precept pharmacy residents and students, as assigned.
Education and experience requirements:
- Pharm.D. degree required
- ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy practice residency required
- ASHP-accredited PGY2 Residency required (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in ambulatory pharmacy practice preferred
- Board Certification required or obtained within 2 years of hire
- Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Delaware
- May require pharmacist licensure in additional states to provide virtual patient care services.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and phenomenal discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver.