Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
The Staff Pharmacist I is responsible for dispensing and compounding medications and pharmaceutical supplies upon receiving medication orders from prescribers in accordance with State and Federal laws and departmental Policy and Procedures. Further, due to additional demonstrated clinical expertise, the Pharmacist I serves as a leadership role in the provision of pharmaceutical care.
- Review and interprets medication orders utilizing patient profiles to help ensure appropriated pharmaceutical care (i.e., avoidance of undesirable drug interactions, duplication of therapy, etc.).
- Prepares and dispenses IV parenterals and chemotherapy as required utilizing aseptic techniques and appropriate compounding equipment in an IV sterile product area.
- Consults with nurses, physicians, other health careprofessionals and laypersons to provide drug information at the level of the listener. Provides in-services for staff and/or community.
- Provides medication counseling as required for controlled substances.
- Maintains appropriate inventory and records on controlled substances.
- Provides direct supervision and instruction to Pharmacy Technicians and other supportivepersonnel. Actively supervises and offers direction to Technicians and other support personnel.
- Prepares medications by extemporaneous compounding procedures when required.
- Assists prescribers in making appropriate formulary selections.
- Performs other related duties as directed. Fulfilled in a positive manner and with attention to detail.
Previous experience in hospital pharmacy practice desirable.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD from an accredited college.
- Current license and registration by New York State.
NYS Pharmacist License and Registration.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- 10 CEU (live), ACPE approved, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively supervise support staff.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.