Location: Newark, Delaware
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most important decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health. Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
The inpatient Hematology/Oncology Clinical Pharmacist Specialist provides pharmaceutical care to hematology and oncology inpatients at ChristianaCare by designing, recommending, monitoring and evaluating patient specific pharmacotherapy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage patient's complete medication plan throughout the continuum (inpatient, outpatient, home) in concert with the health care team, with a focus on oncology and stem cell transplant patients
- Manage patients supportive care plan
- Round as a member of the interdisciplinary care team to deliver comprehensive medication management for all patients
- Review and interpret physician's medication orders, detect errors, drug interactions and incompatibilities, administrative drug use restrictions, or other indications of unsuitable drug therapy
- Monitor drug therapy outcomes for targeted patients within established guidelines
- Document clinical activities that include, but are not limited to, disease state management, general pharmacotherapeutic monitoring, pharmacokinetic monitoring, ADEs, education and other patient care activities
- Develop and review evidence-based guidelines and order sets to ensure standardized, safe and effective treatments regimens
- Participate in providing educational sessions (i.e., training, in services, clinical pearls, staff development education) or materials for patient groups and allied health professionals
- Provide individualized patient and family education regarding drug therapy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Pharm.D. degree plus ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
- PGY-2 Oncology Pharmacy Specialty Residency (or equivalent experience)
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) preferred or acquired within 2 years of hire
- Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Delaware
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and phenomenal discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver.