The employee's number one job responsibility is to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care every time. The pharmacy vision is to become world-class pharmacy recognized for excellence.
In this role, Clinical Pharmacist will ensures the pharmacy department facilitates safe medication use, meets all legal, accreditation and certification requirements, and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization. Clinical Pharmacist will provides pharmacy services to patients, nurses, physicians, and other medical staff by interpreting and evaluating the validity and safety of orders and prescriptions. Integrates core clinical pharmacy knowledge, dispensing and order review activities. Individual will be expected to perform core clinical activities including order entry, pharmacokinetics, IV to PO, therapeutic interchange, and other clinical activities as required.
Multi-disciplinary rounds including clinical initiatives, direct patient care and educational/training activities will be performed. Individual will also provide education to technicians, pharmacists, and other health care practitioners. They will serve as a preceptor to pharmacy interns, technicians, ASHP-accredited pharmacy residents.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy
License & Certifications:
- Texas Pharmacist License or eligible for Texas Pharmacist License; must obtain licensure within 90 days of employment.
- Texas Pharmacist Preceptor Certification within 180 days of employment.
- ACPE IV Sterile Certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) with course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or per LRC will be required for inpatient positions prior to or within 6 months of employment.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties Certification preferred/high encouraged. If board certified, must maintain and remain current. If certification is lapsed, employee has six months to rectify for new certification period.
ACS positions: Two (2) years of progressive, relevant experience in an OP/Retail setting required (no residency)
IP positions: Two (2) years of progressive, relevant experience in an inpatient hospital setting required (no residency)
Completion of PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency highly preferred
Writing / Reports
Proficiencies: MS Word, P.C.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities: Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, Travel, On Call