Overland Park, Kansas
Altamonte Springs, Florida
San Antonio, Texas
Valhalla, New York
South Windsor, Connecticut
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in the pharmacy
- Appropriate telephone communication skills
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.